The site went through several name changes after being closed down from various spaces; all around the name shown as “123Movies “, and on different occasions as “123movies”. Initially, the site was known by its URL and space name, 123Movies.to, which changed to different regions like 123movies.is before diverting to gomovies. to and later movies. is. It was changed to gostream. is, and eventually later to movies.to, going before changing to 123movieshub.to/is and staying there until the end.
- In October 2016, the MPAA recorded 123Movies in its Online illicit and perilous Markets plan to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, saying pass to that: “The webpage page has a generally speaking Alexa position of 559 and a nearby circumstance of 386 in the U.S.
- 123movies.to had 9.26 million overall astonishing guests in August 2016 as shown by SimilarWeb data”.In October 2016, Business Insider uncovered that 123movies.to was the “most-utilized privateer webpage” in the United Kingdom.
- 123Movies included HD, HD-RIP, Blu-section, and camera characteristics of movies. Openload, Streamango, and MyCloud went probably like the video hosters and players on the site. During its reality and end period, the site was covered by TorrentFreak concerning its plans, uptime/outing, end, and explanations behind the end.
- In December 2017, the architects of 123movies dispatched another streaming website page focused on anime, named AnimeHub., which remained online for a tremendously critical period after 123Movies’ choice.
- In March 2017, TorrentFreak revealed that the US courier to Vietnam, Ted Osius, had been in chats with the close by Minister of Information and Communications, Truong Minh Tuan, about shutting down unlawful video reliable fights working from Vietnam, and recorded 123movies as one express site.
- In October 2017, the MPAA introduced an online standing business sector report, 125Movies (and GoStream.is) to the Office of United States Trade Representative (USTR), uncovering that while the page was decidedly arranged in Ukraine, it found: “The page tracks down a way different systems for veiling the personality of the pioneer, including using Cloudflare, yet there is strong inspiration to see the boss is at this point in Vietnam; content is moved to use cyberlockers from different email accounts starting from Can Tho University of Medicine and Pharmacy”.
- In March 2018, the MPAA said that the site was the “most indisputable unlawful site on earth”, given it was worked from Vietnam and surveyed that it got 98 million visitors dependably. On 19 March 2018, a note on the site’s show page expressed its decision, and referred to that clients “regard creators by paying for films and TV shows”.
In October 2018, United States Trade Representative said that the satisfaction of 123movies by strolling around a criminal examination in Vietnam in 2018, was “an on an extremely essential level new turn. Regardless, the MPAA report in like way saw those different copycat grumblings had arisen truly eight explicit nations. In November 2018 TorrentFreak uncovered areas related or to 123Movies, for example, WatchAsap had other than been closed someplace close to the FBI at present were re-sorting out to other record sharing battles.